Budget, Blenderless Bliss Balls
Ingredients 1 cup (packed) Almond meal 2 tbsp Sesame seeds ¼ cup Coconut (shredded or desiccated) 4 tbsp Cacao powder 1.5-2 tsp Cinnamon (ground) 2 Dates (soaked in cool water for 20-30mins) 5 tbsp Coconut oil (melted) Method
- Place all dry ingredients in in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add dates slowly by cutting thin slivers and finely chopping, mixing in a small amount at a time and stirring vigorously to combine.
- Add coconut oil 1 tbsp at a time, mixing well in between. Continue stirring until mixture is well combined.
- Mixture should appear slightly crumbly, but stick together well when pressed between the fingers. If too crumbly, add a dash of coconut oil; if too wet, add a dash of almond meal.
- Form into small balls approx 3.5 cm in diameter. Place on a plate or tray and refrigerate overnight or for a few hours.
Although these bliss balls are high in saturated fat, most of it is coming from the coconut oil, which is comprised of MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides), which are beneficial fatty acids that support metabolism and promote healthy cholesterol levels. Hope
Nutritional Information – Per Serving (serving size = 2 balls) Energy: 1063 kj, 254 cal Protein: 5.5 g Carbs: 3.6 g, Sugars: 2.2 g, Fibre: 4.2 g Fat: 23.5 g total, 11.5 g saturated, 7.5 g mono, 3.2 g poly, 0 g cholesterol, 0.3 mg omega-3 Vit A: 1.43 mcg, Carotenoids: 8.1 mcg Vit B3: 1.9 mg, Folate: 11.5 mcg Calcium: 58 mg, Iron: 1.5 mg, Magnesium: 87 mg, Zinc: 1.2 mg, Phosphorus: 156 mg Potassium: 246 mg, Sodium: 2.7 mg