My passion for holistic health began through observation. I became aware of the increase in medications prescribed to my peers, as well as myself, for varying conditions such as depression, anxiety, acne and sleep disturbances. Over time, these conditions did not seem to improve for many of my peers and it wasn’t until a close friend passed away following a 5-year struggle with depression that I made a conscious effort to find an alternative approach to health and wellness. I use evidence-based medicine within a holistic setting to create individualized programs for patients, gathering information from up-to-date scientific research and applying it to the traditional underpinnings of naturopathic health.
I believe that education is key when it comes to health restoration and empowerment, as well as realistic dietary choices. However most importantly, working with the individual at their own pace to achieve their goals and supporting them through the process is an integral principle of my care plans. I am currently completing my post-graduate studies in psychology at Monash University in the hopes of providing a more comprehensive holistic approach to health and wellbeing.
I have used natural medicine to treat the following:
- Mood Disorders: Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar disorders, Panic Disorders.
- Detoxification: Helping the body to eliminate and manage toxins to ensure optimal function, increased energy and an overall state of wellbeing.
- Stress and Fatigue: Ensuring optimal energy production from a cellular level and correcting neural imbalances.
- Reproductive Health: Supporting and correcting any hormonal imbalances in conditions such as PCOS, endometriosis and fibroids, as well as up to date preconception, pregnancy and post-natal care.
- Skin Conditions:Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, Fungal infections and Acne.
- Menstrual Disorders: PMS, PMDD, painful periods, menstrual flooding, loss of period.
- Digestion: Supporting a healthy internal environment to ensure optimal nutritional status and gut health.
- Food Intolerances & Allergy testing: Either in-house testing or off-site pathology lab referrals.
- Men’s Health:Supporting a balanced hormone production at all stages in life.
- Immune Disorders:Colds, Flu’s and overall immunity.
- Autoimmune:Rheumatoid Arthritis, System Lupus Erythmatosis (SLE), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Coeliac’s Disease.
- Thyroid: Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Hashimotos Thyroiditis, Graves Disease
Ask Katherine a question...