• 1½ cups cooked brown lentils (unsweetened tinned ones are fine)
• 1 egg
• 1 onion – finely chopped
• 1 clove of garlic – crushed
• ½ tsp of minced ginger
• 1 tsp coriander
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 pinch of chilli powder
• lemon juice
• 1 tbsp tomato paste
• cracked black pepper and vegetable salt (to taste)
• 2 slices of crumbed bread (wheat free preferred)
• Spelt flour or LSA to coat
• Macadamia nut oil (for cooking)
• Mash the lentils and combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until evenly distributed throughout.
• Leave mixture in the fridge for one hour to set.
• Shape the mixture into patties and coat with spelt flour or LSA.
• Heat pan and cook burgers until golden brown in macadamia oil.
• Use with vegetables or salad as a main meal, or use as a mid meal snack.