Vegan Beetroot brownies
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (you can make your own – see Gluten Free Flour Blend).
- 3/4 cup cacao.
- 1 1/4 cups xylitol.
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder (gluten-free).
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional).
- 1/3 cup soy milk or rice milk or coconut milk.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil.
- 1 medium ripe banana.
- 1/3 cup shredded beetroot.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, cacao powder, xylitol, baking powder, salt, and walnuts.
- In a blender, blend the milk, oil, banana and vanilla.
- Add blended mixture to the flour mixture in the large bowl and stir until just combined – (this batter will be super thick)
- Spread batter out evenly into an square (20cm x 20cm), oiled baking dish.
- Bake for around 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Turn out onto baking rack to cool.
Or eat straight away if you can’t wait! I never can.
Be careful not to burn your mouth. 🙂