HerbsontheHill Free Drop-in Community Clinic every second Thursday 8am – 10am – more info and upcoming dates
NOTICE: The final community clinic session for 2020 will be Thursday 29th October 8-10am. After that, the community clinic will resume in early 2021.
HerbsontheHill is different
Good health care goes beyond effective treatments. It requires knowledgeable and well-trained health professionals to ensure the most appropriate treatments are being recommended to individuals. Receiving guidance and insight from an expert Naturopath to help you negotiate a path through the many available treatments, and develop a wellness plan which is unique to your needs, is priceless. To understand what your consultation my involve check out the Your Appointment page, or the Naturopathy or Herbal Medicine pages to understand these better.
This core belief forms the foundation of everything we do at HerbsontheHill.
A Naturopathic General Practice
Increasingly, science is confirming many of naturopathy’s concepts. Treatments with us blend up-to-date scientific knowledge with nature’s inherent healing wisdom.
Naturopaths and herbalists treat the whole person, not a specific ailment or part of the body. Our holistic approach to health means we address the causes of disorders, not just the symptoms. We use minerals, vitamins, herbal medicines, homoeopathy, flower essences and dietary therapy to support and restore the body’s own defence and restorative mechanisms.
At Herbs on the Hill, we understand that abiding by naturopathic advice can be easier said than done. Everyday activities such as work, study and socialising can detract the best of intentions quite easily.
Our approach to naturopathy and herbal medicine takes this into account. Our treatment plans are realistic, with all herbal medicine, vitamin, mineral and diet prescriptions carefully selected to be manageable and effective.
At Herbs on the Hill we aim to provide the highest standards in modern Naturopathic practice, where practitioners show their dedication to quality health care by:
- working with our clients to determine the most effective path to overcome health problems and achieve wellness.
- prioritising the safety of our clients, particularly for those using prescribed pharmaceutical medications or with complex health needs.
- holding a minimum of a bachelor degree in naturopathy, with many also holding additional relevant degrees (e.g. nutritional medicine, herbal medicine), Masters qualifications and PhDs.
- respecting the value of research evidence in practice and evaluate all available information (including traditional evidence) to identify the most appropriate and relevant treatment options.
- acknowledging the limitations of our scope of practice and referring patients to more appropriate health care providers as needed and without hesitation